REINSTATING THE GENERAL OBILGATION TO ATTEND MASS
We welcome the Christian faithful to return to the regular participation in the Sunday Eucharist, the source and summit of our Catholic faith (cf. Code of Canon Law canon 1247 and Catechism of the Catholic Church, n. 2180).
This obligation does not apply to:
- those who are ill
- those who have reason to believe that they were recently exposed to the coronavirus or another serious or contagious illness
- those who are confined to their home, a hospital, or nursing facility
- those with serious underlying health conditions.
One should consult the local pastor if questions arise about the obligation to attend Mass
A letter from Bishop James F. Checchio: 5.3.21-Letter from Bishop marking five year anniversary
BISHOP’S APPEAL VIDEO LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYMONc5S8IA
Join the Columbiettes! Click the link for more information.
GUIDELINES FOR IN-PERSON MASSES
We at St James are happy to be able to have In-Person Masses once again. We will continue to live stream our Masses for those who are unable to attend. In following the executive orders given by the Office of the Governor, we ask that you please follow the guidelines listed below.
* Masks MUST be worn at all times
* Upon entering, please use the hand sanitizer provided for you in the vestibule.
* The Sign of Peace is suspended at this time.
We thank you for your cooperation and look forward to seeing you. God Bless.